[AusNOG] Default IPv6 Local Only Addressing for Non-Internet Devices

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 15:35:36 EST 2019

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019, 13:21 James Hodgkinson, <yaleman at ricetek.net> wrote:

> I could see it as being a great option, but making it a default would be a
> support nightmare.
>
> "but grandma's printer works from anywhere, why doesn't mine?"

How often have you heard of or seen anybody print something remotely from
their home over the Internet, let alone a grandmother?

There's actually a fire risk of printing remotely. The paper can jamb and
then contact hot parts in the printer.

lp0 on fire
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lp0_on_fire

"Printers Can Be Hacked to Catch Fire"