[AusNOG] Microsoft cloud issues?

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Thu Nov 21 14:53:30 EST 2019

On 11/21/2019 12:00 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:

> We just had a 8 hour issue with no emails yesterday

I was at the Microsoft Head Office in Melbourne yesterday and was still
able to recieve mail fine.

I'd say some of these issues were specific to certain networks.

I didn't get any urgent calls from customers either.

Microsoft have connectivity directly with most ISPs in Au now a days.
I'd suggest not relying on free peering.

I'd get direct connectivity.

As for Teams for corporate use I would suggest running a Hybrid Cloud
environment for it.

I did notice some delays to email on Tuesday night but none of our stuff
was down totally.

Regards Chad.

--
Chad Kelly