[AusNOG] Dell PowerConnect 5448

i3D.net - Martijn Schmidt martijnschmidt at i3d.net
Thu May 2 17:07:20 EST 2019

I've unfortunately had to use these Dell 5448 switches in the past, they're on 9600 baud for sure but use a different console cable than, say, the Brocade MLXe platform. I always used to recognise the difference in cable by the color of the RS232 connector, Brocade's was blue and Dell's was black. Those with longer memories can probably say something about null-modem vs straight-through serial cables.

Best regards,
Martijn