[AusNOG] FTTC

Philip Loenneker Philip.Loenneker at tasmanet.com.au
Thu May 2 09:58:56 EST 2019

Apparently the co-contribution installation cost will not exceed $5000, but keep in mind that it's only available in areas already serviced by FttP, FttN/B, FttC and HFC. So unfortunately it isn't currently an option for those wanting to get away from the pains of Fixed Wireless.

NBN give discounts to the RSP for 3 year terms, which RSPs should pass on to the end customer. But the zone of the premises also has a significant impact on the per month price. We have to run a quote through the NBN EE portal to confirm pricing every time due to the variables that impact the final cost.

I can't give pricing information on here, but if anyone wants an indication of price for a specific address, send me the address, speed and contract term privately and I'll get something to you. My apologies if this is a grey area in terms of list charter, but I suspect this will be a case of people asking out of curiosity rather than with an intention to purchase a product, and I don't think anyone is likely to publish much information publicly due to the complexity.

Regards,
Philip Loenneker | Network Engineer | TasmaNet