[AusNOG] Assistance and Access Bill moves to PJCIS

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 16:18:51 EST 2019

Crunch time is 3rd April, when the PJCIS will report back to Parliament. I
expect Labor recommending their same amendments plus whatever washes up
from the latest round of consultation. Then it's up to the Liberals to
either act in good faith, and pass the Labor amendments as per prior
agreement, or, play politics, refuse to pass the agreed amendments, and
scare up the issue. I'd like to think there would be serious political cost
for not honouring the agreement. Unfortunately, the Liberal hard right
Trumpists are the one's invested in the populist theatre of blowing up
public policy grounded in evidence.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins