[AusNOG] "However, for the best possible experience, we recommend enabling IPv6 on your network."

Christopher Hawker me at chrishawker.com.au
Fri Feb 22 23:13:26 EST 2019

I’m not surprised that game devs like Ubisoft aren’t supporting IPv6. Consoles using v6 aren’t any good if the game companies don’t offer servers with v6 connectivity...

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000024812/IPv6-connectivity-issues

However, there is an interesting article on the APNIC Blog about why Tom Perrine (working for a global game company) killed their IPv6 project.

“IPv6, for its own sake, offered no value to the business at all.”
https://blog.apnic.net/2018/02/01/killed-ipv6-project/

CH.

Sent from my iPhone