[AusNOG] AWS With Megaport

simon thomason sapage at sapage.net
Tue Feb 12 19:55:36 EST 2019

Friends don't let friends build large layer2 networks!

That said; if you wanted to get a little creative you could run up a
csr1000v and setup otv and lisp from AWS to your on prem infra. I have
never set it up but would be interesting to see if the MP transport
supports it.

I guess the question is really, why would you want to extend your layer2
domain into the cloud.
You will not be able to run redundant connections.
You have just increased your fail domain size and will be tromboning
traffic.