[AusNOG] Moving equipment from Singapore to Sydney

Mark Anthony Delfin mark at delfin.me
Wed Aug 21 15:26:48 EST 2019

Hi Paul,

Thanks for replying back to me.  It is one of the reasons I was soliciting
some advice on this list.

I didn't have the experience of shipping that number of equipment overseas
back to Sydney. Previously for a single device, I just pack the device in a
box or a suitcase (if it fits) and travel as a piece of check-in baggage
when I am on a scheduled visit.  In some cases, I asked the Datacenter
overseas to unrack, pack and ship back to Sydney.

>How do you manage risk on such a move? vs someone internal with systems +
local knowledge?
All the devices will be wiped out of all the config/data before it will be
shutdown.

I got a some replies from the list as well.

Allied Pickford for courier service and TXO-systems for IT asset
de-installation and relocation (this might be expensive).

>Hard disks can travel as carry on.
This is a good option too.

Thanks.

Mark