[AusNOG] VDSL2 SFP Modem

Philip Loenneker Philip.Loenneker at tasmanet.com.au
Fri Aug 16 16:30:03 EST 2019

Hi Shane,

We got a hold of some VDSL2 modems in SFP form factor. They got very hot while in use, achieved lower sync speeds than a cheap and basic D-Link modem, and in addition to that I don't believe any are certified for use in Australia yet. They may have improved since, but they didn't impress us.

Regards,
Philip Loenneker | Senior Network Engineer | TasmaNet