[AusNOG] AARNet's IPv6 Broker is being shutdown on the 7th of April 2019 at 10pm AEST

Warrick Mitchell Warrick.Mitchell at aarnet.edu.au
Mon Apr 1 15:45:24 EST 2019

Dear AusNOG,

Please be advised that after many years of service the AARNet IPv6 Tunnel Broker (http://broker.aarnet.net.au/) service is being discontinued as the hardware and software are no longer supported.

Whilst it will be missed, we are happy to see a large number of services providers in Australia are now offering IPv6 services to their clients directly which has resulted in the reduction of usage this service has provided to the point where it no longer makes economic sense for AARNet to keep providing this service.

We will be switching the broker off on Sunday the 7th of April 2019 at 10pm AEST.

Kind regards,
Warrick Mitchell
Network Architect
AARNet Pty Ltd