[AusNOG] after hours staff requirement

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Mon Sep 17 17:08:48 EST 2018

With most modern PBX systems they will tell you if it's a PBX call and
give you the option to either answer the call or hang up.

Or you can send the call to an answering machine which means you can get
to the issue the next morning.

If you are running services that are mission critical that you need the
phone answered 24/7 then you really need someone in the office who is
awake and functioning but given what has been discussed a decent PBX
would be fine as even if you wanted to redirect calls to a call centre
ware a human answers that is also an option, though less needed.

As a voicemail system would be a lot cheaper and tickets work better for
more complex issues anyway.

Regards Chad.