[AusNOG] Dutton decryption bill

Mal malz at jetlan.com
Thu Sep 13 09:07:06 EST 2018

On 12/09/2018 9:22 PM, Paul Gear wrote:
> On 12/09/18 17:04, Mark Newton wrote:
>> There is no democratic brake on the advancement of the intelligence
>> community’s powers, they continue to do whatever the hell they want,
>> with no recourse.
>
> ^ This.  Those in power continue to wield it in ways which benefit
> themselves rather than all of us.  I'm not sure what the entire solution
> is, but part of it surely must include being open to scrutiny by the
> general public.  If there were an equivalent to certificate transparency
> logs for our data retention laws and for these proposed technical
> assistance requests, you could be sure that they'd be used much more
> responsibly and sparingly.

Neo-feudalism Paul, surrounding you.  They are going to do what they
want, regardless of your concerns.  They have no interest in your ideas
or proposals for privacy and liberty - this is about controlling
everything within the grid.

You can't beat a technocracy.  Its designed that way.  You can get off
the technocracy though and go about your business the way you want, if
you make the effort.  Try dumping your love of gmail, office365 and siri
for a start.  These are the low lying collection layers.  Most of you
are embedded in the technocracy so deep, you've forgotten what freedom
is.  If you are a technical person, then stand up your own mail box and
bring some control back to this basic layer.

There are people on this list that are begging to be a part of this
system which is enslaving everybody.  Hoping to be a part of the inside
team, looking for that validation.

If you have a voice and think this has all gone too far, then use it.
Most of you are afraid.  All the (so called) industry groups making
comments need to make some noise, if they truly care about liberty and
humanity.

Mal