[AusNOG] What I can do to help.

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Mon Oct 1 07:46:46 EST 2018

If you feel harassed within the AusNOG community, I will:

1. Listen to you and believe you.

2. Find somewhere quiet, safe, and harassment-free to have a conversation with you about how best to support you.

3. Support you in the manner we have discussed.

4. Provide you with nonjudgmental confidentiality at all times if you lack the confidence to go public.

5. Keep you in the driver’s seat: I won’t do anything to call you out or draw unwanted attention to you, or do anything else that reduces your personal agency any more than it has been already.

6. If I am not able to give you the support you need, with your permission I will try my best to broker an introduction with someone who can.

If you need me to be, I will be your ally, and I will try my best to conduct myself in ways that deserve your trust.

I have already made the decision to do these things, and you don’t need to feel like you’re imposing on me by asking.

   - mark

--
Tiny screen, imaginary keyboard.