[AusNOG] SORBS DUHL blacklist

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Tue Nov 27 10:25:17 EST 2018

Peter Tiggerdine wrote:
> I guess the point I'm making is that SORBS is about getting rid of
> spam to which their middleware is getting a lot of hits coming from
> gmail MX's. We can't make a rule that says, if you're big enough then
> it doesn't apply to you.
>
> I agree commerce needs to continue but we fight all the time for a
> level playing field, this is no different. Yeah we allow the traffic
> surely our attitude should be more about pressureing gmail to create
> extra measures to combat it further.

and Google's answer was to pressure the C*s of the people who pay my
wages to whitelist them unconditionally or issue press releases designed
specifically to destroy *their* credibility. ('their' being the C*'s not
Google)... that's what they think of the world in a nutshell.

*This* is why I stand my ground on them. (Note: I have implemented
controls and checks to give the larger legitimate providers a more
lenient policy in output spam, providing they engaged in actively
terminating their spammers.  Microsoft signed up, Google refused... draw
your own conclusions.)

Michelle

--
Michelle Sullivan