[AusNOG] Assistance with Cisco vPC configuration on 4 x Cisco Nexus 3000 switches

simon thomason sapage at sapage.net
Mon Nov 26 09:29:28 EST 2018

Hi,

First question is what are you trying to achieve? Are you just after
additional ports in the DC? This can be achieved with FEXs' or better still
using spine and left topology.

I have never used a n3k but assuming they are the same from a VPC context
to a 5k or 9k.

You need to put the Peering link between the Sw-13 and SW-14  and then
create the VPC on both ends (if you have the license enable vPC+).

Do you have an intentions of expanding out the switching environment in the
future? You might want to consider setting it up as spine and leaf from the
start and using fabricpath. You can add additional switches to your
environment a lot easier going forth.