[AusNOG] Telstra DOT, VoIP HELP!

Jim Woodward jim at alwaysnever.net
Tue Nov 20 14:36:56 EST 2018

Hi,

It is my experience that trying to get the SIP details from Telstra for a DOT service is near impossible, they have occasionally handed them out but they don't like doing so, I have been burnt by this exact issue when attempting to deploy a Cisco branch VPN service where DOT had previously been deployed to a central office.

I would recommend porting the number to a third party SIP provider (or Telstra non-DOT based SIP service if such an animal exists) and terminating the SIP connection on the hardware of your choice which puts the control back into your hands as well as giving you a far greater choice of routing hardware.

Kind Regards,
Jim.