[AusNOG] Telstra SIM Issues. Telstra.Internet & some private APN's.

James Gray james at gray.net.au
Fri Nov 2 13:30:53 EST 2018

On 2 Nov 2018, at 1:00 pm, Scott Wilson <siridar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chiming in to confirm what others are saying - we do vehicle GPS tracking via M2M/Jasper SIMs, and any device that is online and authed is okay, but not if they've gone offline. A problem for us, as our devices drop session after the key is turned off. Thankfully our devices have a buffer, so we won't lose anything.

Nothing new to add, just a “me too”. My wife’s Suncorp EFTPOS (+Medicare, etc) terminal is still down and has been all day. Fun times for a busy sole-trader. I’m honestly a little surprised Telstra are *still* shouldering so much risk with these single points of failure. I’m sure the “point of failure” has a certain degree of internal redundancy, but a single system going down and we’re all off the air; not good.

Cheers,

James