[AusNOG] Bouncing Cisco Equipment and "Smart Install"

Laurence Bullivant laurence at bullivant.co.nz
Thu May 10 06:49:57 EST 2018

Guys,

Disabling Cisco smart install has been recommend by Cisco as part of their
hardening for a long time. (
Https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/access-lists/13608-21.html)

It's just like turning off telnet and open RW snmp. And limiting access to
the management IPs.

I would highly suggest you also sigh up for the Cisco critical
vulnerability notifications. It's a goldmine of stuff to patch.

Laurence
-Sent from a small screen with an imagery keyboard.