[AusNOG] Telstra - NSW

Nikolas Geyer nik at neko.id.au
Fri May 4 14:45:18 EST 2018

Unfortunately I’d have to agree. The pictures of the lightning strike that caused damage in Orange should not, in theory, have caused an IP network instability given Telstras marketing of their “triple ladder design” in current Next IP brochures.

Systemic root cause likely will not become public, but it doesn’t take a stretch of the imagination to realise something else went wrong with the loss of a single route within said design of the IP network.

Sent from my iPhone