[AusNOG] (Abuse of) mandatory data retention information.

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 11:08:45 EST 2018

The responsibility is going to lie with company directors. So either they
do their own due diligence, or engage a lawyer before that interesting
discussion with Attorney General's over whether the police can access data
retained under the Data Retention provisions, without a judicial warrant.
My take is that the judge issuing the warrant is responsible for ensuring
the officer requesting the warrant is duly authorised.

I am not a lawyer. This is not legal opinion.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins