[AusNOG] Phone Numbers in Australia

Matt Hare matt at spiderwebsolutions.com.au
Tue May 1 12:53:12 EST 2018

This can be done today. You can port your mobile number to a SIP provider
who can terminate it. I have one I ported out to a provider, they provide a
SIP endpoint, I direct inbound calls to my asterisk box via IP trunk. SMS
inbound to the number is converted to email and sent to me in real time.
I've got an option to direct inbound SMS to a SIP extension but I haven't
played with that to see what actually happens...

Matt