[AusNOG] Hotel DOCSIS recommendations

Craig Askings craig at askings.com.au
Tue Mar 6 12:06:53 EST 2018

Hi Cameron,

Yes it is possible. I've done it with the Huawei mini CMTS (its limited to 255 cable modems). The two big issues I've found is that almost every existing installation will have uni directional amplifiers, so you will need to replace them with bi directional amps and dodgy compression crimping hidden behind faceplates.