[AusNOG] VDSL2 modems for TPG/AAPT Corporate NBN FTTN

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Fri Jun 15 14:09:09 EST 2018

These pretty much stalled didn't they?  Duxtel were working on getting them
approved for use in .au, but the manufacturer stopped responding while
working on getting the devices setup in specific modes needed to complete
approval testing?

Must say I've found the one I purchased for testing to be 'ok', but
somewhat buggy in the application I'm using it for.  It randomly stops
bridging traffic for one MAC address, but will still pass traffic for
another.  Fix is to change the MAC address of your authenticating client
device, or power cycle the SFP.

On 15 June 2018 at 14:02, Ricki Cook <ricki.cook at hillsong.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Long time listener, first time caller.
>
> Does anyone have recommendations for VDSL2 modems to use with TPG/AAPT
> Corporate FTTN service?
>
> Was hoping to use:-
> https://www.versatek.com/product/vx-160kit-vdsl2-sfp-modems-co-rt/
>
> Just not sure on the specifics or authentication side.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ricki
>

> IMPORTANT NOTICE: This email, including any attachments, may contain
> privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary information, or may be subject
> to copyright. This email is intended only to be seen and used by the named
> addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must
> not disclose or use the information contained in this email. If you have
> received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately, and
> permanently delete the original and any copies. We do not guarantee that
> this email and any attachments are free from virus or other errors. We will
> not be responsible for loss or damage resulting (either directly or
> indirectly) from any such virus or error. The content of and opinions
> expressed in this email are not necessarily the opinions held by Hillsong
> Church. If you believe this message is classified as a commercial
> electronic message in accordance with the Spam Act, you may indicate that
> you do not wish to receive further commercial electronic messages from us
> by sending an email to privacy at hillsong.com . Please consider the
> environmental impact before printing this email.

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust
rendrag at rendrag.net -  http://www.rendrag.net/
 We ran to the sounds of thunder.