[AusNOG] [AUSNOG] auto boot

Ben Buxton bb.ausnog at bb.cactii.net
Fri Jul 20 19:34:34 EST 2018

Depends on the vendor. Some come from the factory with dhcp enabled so you
can have services listening to that. If you setup helper addresses on the
upstream, it may be possible to infer the new hostname based on added
attributes.

Unfortunately far too many don't do dhcp by default so you need to frob
over the console. That can be automated but it's quite involved.

I've no idea if off the shelf software can do any of this.

BB