[AusNOG] FW: Looking for a phone number for NetRegistry

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Mon Jul 16 21:32:21 EST 2018

On 7/16/2018 12:00 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:

> The only problem is it doesn't work - I've hit the same snag with TPP.
> The field is uneditable.
> They also have fun glitches like the domain password they show you being
> entirely wrong, or the domain being locked and the button to unlock it
> simply gives an error.
>
> The hard bit is figuring out if it's malicious to make it difficult to
> move your domain, or if they are really that incompetent.
They are owned by MelbourneIT, now known as Arq Group, I know its a
silly sounding name.
They Arq Group are a bit of a mixed bag in terms of structure, they are
a hosting company predominantly, but they don't like calling themselves
one or even a technology company, they call themselves a solutions
company or something along those lines, frankly their corporate website
has a lot of corporate speak and buzz words  in it.
They have a lot of customers because of all the acquisitions over the
last few years and they have a well structured accounts team and a
direct debit system that just keeps bringing in the money every month,
which is the only thing their share holders and senior management are
interested in. As long as they are profitable nothing will change.
While things look bad on the surface with the huge amount of public
complaints I am told this is only a small amount of their customer base
that actually has issues.
If you read the publicly available reports its pretty obvious ware the
direction of the company is going, they are heavily focust on the
enterprise end of the market, which makes sense as its not as saturated.
The senior management team their are well switched on and know what they
are doing, they have doubled the profit in the last 12 months.

Regards Chad.

--
Chad Kelly
Manager