[AusNOG] Optus issue in Broome, Sydney, Perth?

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Fri Jan 12 15:49:18 EST 2018

Not sure what media you've been watching but TC Joyce passed West of
Broome and crossed the coast at Bidyadanga, about 200k's south of us
around 2am today.
We got a good light show the past few days but no power failures in my
area so the UPS didn't need to kick in.

She is a weak Cat 1 with much lower winds to what we were expecting but
she continues to drop a lot of rain, some highways and roads are flooded
or closed but thanks to the good work from the associated agencies we
didn't lose any power or other essential services.

We thank police, medical personnel, SES/FESA, BoM, MRWA, ABC, Shire,
airport, airlines and all volunteers for their efforts and regular
updates to keep us safe and informed.

Back on topic, the Optus outage looks to now be sporadic but Optus
status page now says:
"Incident Update - National. Cannot send SMS, users my experience
intermittent issues sending SMS."

Not sure if they know the problem also looks to be affected their resellers.

Regards
Kai