[AusNOG] Megaport IX Sydney - Sudden grows in number of prefixes

Jacob Taylor jake at taylornetworks.com.au
Fri Jan 12 08:53:52 EST 2018

Won't that only work for traffic going from John's AS to TPG?

His example was from TPG to their AS - If they were to implement a prefix
list filtering on ASN, then they would preference another domestic route
(presumably transit) but TPG would still preference HE, which would make
for some lovely asynchronous routing.

You could potentially try to influence their routing policies using their
published communities (https://bgp.he.net/irr/as-set/AS-COMMUNITIES) or
prepending.

Regards,
Jake

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 8:11 AM, Bill Walker <bill at wjw.nz> wrote:

> Filter based on the AS Path?
>
> If the path is:
>
> You <- 58941 <- 6427 <- 7545
>
> You <- MegaIXSyd <- HE <- TPG
>
> In the Cisco world, I would use
>
> ip as-path access-list 10 deny ^58941_6427_7545$
>
> (The ASN's here may not be exactly what is in use, you will need to check
> your received prefixes)
>

> On 2018-01-12 09:46, John Alexander wrote:
>
>> With this, does anyone know of a way of keeping HE routes, but
>> excluding a specific one, namely TPG 7545 which is a direct customer
>> of HE. Traffic from them goes from Syd -> LA -> Syd -> he peering ->
>> me.  I'd prefer to just make them stay at home so to speak instead of
>> going around the world.  We don't peer at Pipe which would be the only
>> other place to connect to tpg.
>>
>> John
>>
>> On 01/11/2018 05:55 PM, Nathan Le Nevez wrote:
>>
>> I assume it was Hurricane Electric...IPv6 routes are now at 21843
>>> too
>>>
>>> Nathan

>>> 4739    909