[AusNOG] Megaport IX Sydney - Sudden grows in number of prefixes

Philip Loenneker Philip.Loenneker at tasmanet.com.au
Fri Jan 12 08:52:32 EST 2018

Note that you can also use BGP communities to adjust how the IX advertises your subnets to individual peers using the documentation here:
https://www.ix.asn.au/peering-technical/
Unfortunately you can't set a community of 0:7545 to avoid advertising your routes to TPG, as they aren't the direct peer - you would need to block advertising to HE using 0:6427. It may be sufficient for you to prepend the routes being advertised to HE, using 3:6427, to reduce the amount of traffic taking that path, but still keeping it available.