[AusNOG] [AUSNOG] MS patches Intel memory management

Giles Pollock glp71s at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 01:18:41 EST 2018

>From their warranty section:

WHAT THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
• design defects or errors in the Product (Errata). Contact Intel for
information on characterized errata.
• any costs associated with the repair or replacement of the Product,
including costs of removal or replacement of the Product;
• damage to the Product, or errors or malfunctions in the Product, due to
accident, abnormal electrical, mechanical or environmental conditions, use
contrary to product instructions, misuse, neglect, alteration, mishandling,
repair, improper installation or testing, combinations with incompatible
products or any third party virus, infection, worm or similar malicious
code;
• that the Product will protect against all possible security threats,
including intentional misconduct by third parties;
• any Product which has been modified or operated outside of Intel’s
publicly available specifications, including where clock frequencies or
voltages have been altered, or where the original identification markings
have been removed, altered or obliterated. Intel assumes no responsibility
that the Product, including if used with altered clock frequencies or
voltages, will be fit for any particular purpose and will not cause any
damage or injury.

Option 1 and 4 seems to have them covered :-(