[AusNOG] Uber > TPP migration

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Mon Feb 12 01:09:01 EST 2018

On 2/12/2018 12:13 AM, Aus Net Servers Australia Pty Ltd wrote:
> Chad,
>
>              "I certainly wouldn't recommend Cpanel for anything that is mission critical as its quite restricted"
>
> For starters cPanel is restricted for a reason. We have over 100 licences with cPanel and all of our staff have undergone advanced training on how to use the software and understanding the backend components
>
>              "Had nothing but a great experience with Crazy Domains"
>
> I am glad that you have had a good experience but thousands of others have had nothing but headaches with Crazy Domains, Sara Networks, Aust Domains etc...
>
> This list is not designed for personal opinions or pushing services. I would recommend that you keep this noise of list.

For a start, that Crazy Domains quote was from someone else, it was just
a part of the message I was responding to regarding DNSSec and the lack
of it with regards to the majority of providers on this list.
My comments were related to the lack of DNSSec support in Cpanel hosting
environments and how the DNS Clustering in Cpanel does not work with it
enabled.
Until Cpanel themselves figure out a work around the deployment of
DNSSec won't take off for a while yet.
The stuff on not using Cpanel for anything mission critical was more a
fact rather then opinion as you can't do things like proper DNS
clustering and load balancing with Cpanel environments. So for customers
who need DNSSec at the moment they would fall into this category of
needing to use an alternative setup.
Regards Chad.

--
Chad Kelly