[AusNOG] Pics of an NBN FTTC install

Nick Stallman nick at agentpoint.com
Thu Feb 1 11:51:08 EST 2018

Simplest way would be a diode on each power feed. That way it doesn't
matter what each house does, as long as one is connected then it is powered.

Assuming the resistances in the cables and the voltages being supplied
by the power supplies is roughly the same you should get at least some
current sharing between them.

On 01/02/18 11:46, Matt Hare wrote:
> Looks pretty standard for a pit to me, however I guess I haven't seen
> a good quality install to be able to compare it to. So how does the
> power on those work, as it splits out to 4 homes, are there four
> individual power units within the Netcomm box and each home must
> provide power to receive sync? If only one home provides power, and
> the other three don't, does only that one home get sync i.e. is it
> enough power to power the SFP/whatever is terminating the fiber?

Nick Stallman
Technical Director
Email 	nick at agentpoint.com <mailto:nick at agentpoint.com>
Phone 	02 8039 6820 <tel:0280396820>
Website 	www.agentpoint.com.au <https://www.agentpoint.com.au/>

Agentpoint <https://www.agentpoint.com.au/>
Netpoint <https://netpoint.group/>

Level 3, 100 Harris Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009 	Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/agentpoint/> Twitter
<https://twitter.com/agentpoint> Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/Agentpoint/> Linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/agentpoint-pty-ltd>