[AusNOG] Assistance and Access Bill moves to PJCIS

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 13:17:08 EST 2018

“We have said we are willing to pass a bill by Thursday, which gives
appropriate powers, these powers, to national security agencies with
appropriate oversight to target criminals and people who are being
investigated for child sex crimes."
Penny Wong
So that's settled. Without Labor's support, the Bill can't proceed. The
Liberal's are too invested to compromise, and they need this in play only
for the politics. So 50/50 the Bill is sunk, or we get ASIO/AFP powers, a
sunset clause, and a considered bill somewhere down the track.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins