[AusNOG] Opportunities in Australia to work on Event networks (Volunteer)

Tim Raphael raphael.timothy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 01:29:40 EST 2018

Hey Jason,

You'd want to be looking at NFP orgs that run events as a good place to start for volunteering.

I, with a group of passionate gamers run Red Flag Lanfest (RFLAN) in Perth a few times a year. In 18 hours we build a wired and wireless network for ~ 900 gamers for 24 hours of tournaments ans casual eSports.

You might also want to check out Intel Extreme Masters (IEM) Sydney (Sponsored CS:GO competition), I've assisted with that network build in the past and they're currently taking volunteers again for this year - maybe check their FB page I think for that link.

Cheers,

Tim Raphael