[AusNOG] Routing Issue - Telstra Connect IP services

Jarryd Sullivan Jarryd.Sullivan at area9.com.au
Sat Apr 7 14:03:29 EST 2018

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone from Telstra is able to assist, my Telstra account exec is on leave this weekend, non contactable. I contacted the IP faults line about a routing change that was made by the Telstra FNC team for a customers connect IP network on Friday evening. They created a case for me as we're having routing issues with the routing changes they made.

I was contacted by the level 2 team who have advised they cannot fix the routing issues, but  the L3 team needs to fix it, it won't be fixed until Monday.

This network has 9 hour 24x7 support including public holidays, and as my customers 3 sites are offline (they rely upon remote desktop services) and they're a law firm, they're not too happy.

The FNC team aren't available, therefore can't revert the change for me, and so now we're stuck in limbo. I've come up with a backup plan to bring up one of their sites online with a backup internet connection and changing the default gateway on all their internal devices, but this is going to be a rather nasty work around that I'd rather avoid.

The information contained in this message and any attachments may be confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use or forward the information contained in these documents. If you have received this message in error, please delete the email and notify the sender.

Internet communications are not secure. You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses. Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message or any attachments.