[AusNOG] Telecommunications Sector Security Reforms

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 15:21:07 EST 2017

I don't think this is law yet, as it still has to pass the Reps?

I support the legislation. It's government's responsibility to protect our
national infrastructure. I'd have preferred the legislation go further, and
that there were obligations to protect the data plane. I doubt there's a
mandate even to compel use of RPF/BCP 38.

In practice, professional organisations will be little affected, because
frankly it will be a cold day in hell before government are aware leave
alone act on a vulnerability before secops have already closed the breach.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins