[AusNOG] Telstra Zone Map

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Fri Sep 15 10:49:08 EST 2017

It is my belief that its not 'zoning', there's only 2 prices, Zone
1/Metro (cheaper) and Zone 2/3/Regional (more expensive).

It has nothing to do with actual physical standing, population etc -
just whether the exchange has a competing provider (i.e. actual DSLAM
infrastructure). They only make it cheaper if there is competition.

I could be wrong on this, but this is what I have observed and believe
to be true.