[AusNOG] A small suggestion for those who need hands-on, time-sensitive help.

Rory Jones rory.jones.au at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 18:24:30 EST 2017

Hi guys. Sorry for the off topic nature of this post, but as someone who seemingly has nothing but time, I like to make myself available to give a hand to someone who needs it, however as I can be lax in checking my emails sometimes, I often don’t see requests for an extra hand until it’s too late, even if I could have been of help to someone.

So I have a minor suggestion. Maybe if people need a hand with something rather time-sensitive, maybe they could put a tag in the subject header of their email to the list, so people like me who, when between jobs, can set up a notification for a request for help when they come through.

Just a small, silly idea I have. Apologies again for the off topic nature of the post, I seem to be pretty good at doing that.

Cheers,
Rory

Sent from my iPhone