[AusNOG] Talk by Mark Nottingham, Nov 2nd @ Swinburne University of Technology

grenville armitage garmitage at swin.edu.au
Fri Oct 20 20:24:49 EST 2017

All,

I'd like to throw open a general invitation to a public talk at Swinburne University of Technology by Mark Nottingham at 2:30pm, Thursday, November 2nd, 2017. (And apologies for the late notice.)

*Title*: Internet Protocol Evolution Update

*Abstract*: HTTP/2 is enjoying wide deployment, but the modern Internet protocol stack hasn't stopped moving. We'll discuss recent developments in HTTP, DNS and transport protocols, including QUIC.

*Speaker*: Mark Nottingham is Chair of the IETF's HTTP and QUIC Working Groups, Member of the Internet Architecture Board (IAB), and has held a variety of very relevant industry roles over the years (https://www.mnot.net/).

*Place*: Lecture theatre EN413 (4th floor, Engineering building), Swinburne University of Technology's Hawthorn campus (Melbourne). See https://www.swinburne.edu.au/study/life/campuses/hawthorn/ for site map and transport options.

*Host*: Internet For Things Research Group (http://i4t.swin.edu.au)

The talk is free, no RSVP required.

cheers,
gja

--
Professor Grenville Armitage
School of Software and Electrical Engineering