[AusNOG] Speeds to international - acceptable minimum

Corrado Fiore lists at corradofiore.it
Fri Oct 13 00:41:46 EST 2017

Hi,

very much rule of thumb here, but I could get 25 mbps throughput using a single TCP stream on a 100/100 home fibre connection (TPG) from Perth to a DC in Germany.  So, in your case, I wouldn't consider a > 90% drop in throughput acceptable - I would expect at least 25 mbps to US / Europe.

Just my 2 cents, of course.

Cheers
Corrado