[AusNOG] Switch installation in data centre racks - front facing, or rear facing?

Sam Silvester sam.silvester at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 15:28:10 EST 2017

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Paul Wilkins <paulwilkins369 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just so. If you care about configuration control and change management,
> you'll be using structured cabling with access from the front of the rack.
> You really don't need to be fiddling around in the back of a rack,
> wondering about which port goes where.

I really don't see a connection between somebody care of configuration
control and change management, the use of structured cabling, and the
location (front/rear/ToR or end of row) of switches, to be completely
honest.

All very much independent of each other, no matter how hard I try to
imagine otherwise.