[AusNOG] 10GBs

John Edwards jaedwards at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 10:03:15 EST 2017

Always clean brand new patch cables.

There is a specific exception for some cable systems designed to be installed at heights while wearing rigging gloves, the kind of environment where a cleaning attempt could make things worse. In that case, the manufacturer warrants a consistent lab-tested dB loss from gunk on the ends of new patch leads.

John