[AusNOG] ATS vs STS & recommendations?

James Cunningham jjazza26 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 22:21:39 EST 2017

I'm assuming this is a result of NextDC announcing maintenance at S1 where
they are turning off one of the power feeds to your racks? We got one of
these as well.

Is it just me, or am I the only one concerned that NextDC have to turn off
power to one of our power feeds in our racks? We have been in Equinix and
Global Switch data centres for about 15 years, and never had them power off
our feeds to our racks before during their maintenance processes.

What gives?

J.

Hi All,

One of our DC providers is removing some power from a single feed in some
of our racks soon, and a couple of our customers have some single fed units
that are connected to the “wrong” rail.

We are looking to help them out with ATS or STSs. I remember some
discussion some time ago about whether one is better than the other, and
some quite technical arguments why you would prefer one or the other.

For a standard 10A outlet and a 500-1kw load what do people recommend these
days?

Thanks,

Andrew

Get Outlook for iOS <https://aka.ms/o0ukef>