[AusNOG] Australian ISP's Selling Browsing Data

Mister Pink misterpink at gmail.com
Mon May 15 10:17:19 EST 2017

Yes I know what is and isn't included in the Metadata laws, this is more of
an aside - ie carriers crying foul that these laws have created a 'hackers
honeypot', when the reality is in some cases they may already be collecting
and selling some of this info..

To your point Mike, this is the privacy policy of a carrier I just chose at
random, I'm sure many others look similar...

*"To understand our customers better, we generate anonymised, high-level
population insights such as usage patterns, network performance,
demographics and behavioural data, e.g. which types of services are popular
with which types of customers and where. We may share these anonymised
insights with some of our business partners for use in research and
analysis, however, importantly, we do not share any Personal Information of
our customers with these business partners."*