[AusNOG] Optus NBN HFC lease time 5 minutes....

Craig O'Toole cotoole at remex.com.au
Fri May 12 14:30:15 EST 2017

Anyone from Optus looking after NBN HFC on the list?

Just been investigating an issue where one of my clients have an Optus NBN
HFC service. Optus is delivering dynamic IPs with a lease time of 5
mins....

Half life of 2.5 mins getting occasionally dropped, too short a half life
for any re-tries. Several re-numbers a day... Killing Voice calls, (and
Netflix) and making IPSEC VPN almost unusable with DDNS.

Can't be good for anyone, let alone the DHCP servers load....

I am happy to confirm and assist diagnosis, and if anyone has a contact at
Optus in the team looking after this part of the design please send me a
contact so I may assist.

Cheers

Craig

Information contained in this email is intended for the addressees only.
dangerous content by EXL - Internet with a difference, and is
believed to be clean.