[AusNOG] Is VyOS dead? What is everyone using for virtual routers/firewalls?

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Wed May 3 16:08:41 EST 2017

On 3 May 2017 at 13:59, Andrew Thrift <andrew at networklabs.co.nz> wrote:

> In regards to 2).  Mikrotik CCR's will already forward TCP sessions at
> wirespeed as long as they are eligible for FastPath forwarding
> (similar to CEF on Cisco).
> See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2kMAxzHNFY for more information
> on FastPath.

But fastpath doesn't work with any tagging,vrf

So you have a router with 10G port that can only route tcp at 1Gbps (per
stream)..

I joined the ROS/MIK bandwagon 4+ years ago, loved it then and love it now.
I am rather disillusioned by V7. its been in the pipelines for every and I
keep running into things that cause me problems, that I have to work around
or just accept.

I could accept yeah wait till V7, but that wait is now nearly 4+ years for
me...

Alex