[AusNOG] AAPT Cisco PPPoe LAC - no PADS/session setup

Damian Ivereigh damo at launtel.net.au
Fri Mar 24 07:22:18 EST 2017

Hi all,

We have an issue with an AAPT NWB service (EFM) where (at the client
end) we are seeing the PPPoE session setup starting, but not completing.
We see a PADI (from CPE), a PADO comes back (from LAC), the CPE sends a
PADR, but we see no PADS returned from the LAC - in fact we get nothing
back - not even a PADT.

It would appear that something is going wrong with the actual session
setup at the LAC, it is failing and then crashing. Given the mac I am
assuming that the LAC is a Cisco ASR.

Has anyone ever seen this happen? I am assuming this is an issue in the
LAC, is that right? I am struggling to get AAPT to see past the "we'll
send a tech out" which is surprising given that I have sent them a
wireshark trace showing the behaviour. It is clear to me there is
nothing wrong at the either client end (including the NTU) because we
have good L2 connectivity.

Of course if there are any network techs at AAPT on this list that can
press the right button that would be great (the call centre firewall is
very strong!). We have a client that has been down for several days now
and is getting fedup with their 4G connection.

Damian

--
Launtel - We're at your call
Tel: 1800LAUNTEL (1800528683)