[AusNOG] Australia ranks 50th in the world for average internet speeds at 9.6Mbps...

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 13:30:43 EST 2017

Mark,
Are you saying the best way to get out from underneath NBN to create a
level playing field for ISP competition, is to move to Antarctica?

Also the mission of NBN altered course post the defeat of the Rudd
government in the 2013 Federal Election. Which is not to say I'd be the
first to suggest that the stated political aims of NBN and actual business
practices are not necessarily congruent. The argument and justification of
a national monopoly has always been national infrastructure, not creating a
captive market in the final mile.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins