[AusNOG] Death of IPv4 at Verizon has started.

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 13:20:28 EST 2017

That's a bit harsh. Risk is always something of a Curate's Egg. Risk is
also opportunity, depending on your preferencing. How you colour your
language doesn't change the underpinning equations of supply vs demand.
Call ipv4 space "dirty IP", and call ipv6 "sustainable", makes no
difference to the underlying microeconomics of running 2 IP stacks. What we
can expect is that IPv4 space exhaustion will drive up the price of IPv4
services.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins