[AusNOG] Source based routing issue to Google

Damian Ivereigh damo at launtel.net.au
Fri Mar 3 10:53:47 EST 2017

Hi guys,

I am seeing very high latency (250ms) when pinging google.com
(172.217.25.46) from our 103.216.190.0/24 range, yet when I go to the
next router upstream (221.121.142.111), it is the expected 12ms. So I am
wondering is something in Google's network thinks that this range is in
the US and sends it to be served over there.

To make matters worse occasionally Google service (e.g. Google Drive)
will fail completely from that IP range.

The range is been fairly recently allocated to us by APNIC - 6 months
ago, so there may be some databases that need updating.

Anyone got any contact info for the Google network team or are they on here?

Damian

--
Launtel - We're at your call
Tel: 1800LAUNTEL (1800528683)