[AusNOG] QSFP cables

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Sun Jun 18 07:48:15 EST 2017

Hi

Thanks for all the replies.

1) I'm in sydney thanks for the offers out of state:)
2) Direct attach ... interesting I use these all the time - typically I
have bought from Dell - with servers or switches and I haven't had an issue
with them
3) looking for about 1-1.5m QSFP and SFP+ (40G + 10G) think 4x40G and 8 x
10G

I will check out some of the recommended sites

Back to the optical v's DAC... I have typically tried to use copper (DAC)
in rack and optical out of rack connections.  Are people doing optical
inrack ?

Thanks
Alex